In this page you find a list of MAKERS related and MAKERS funded academic articles, reports, and papers. Please feel free to contact us if you want one or more of the works listed below.
Journal Special Issues
- Mattoni, Alice and Elena Pavan (eds.) (forthcoming, June-July 2018) PaCo – Partecipazione e Conflitto – Special Issue on “The Big Data Challenge. From Big Data in Politics to the Politics of Big Data” [ISSN: 1972-7623].
- Padovani, Claudia and Elena Pavan (eds.) (2017) ComPol – Comunicazione Politica – Special issue on “The politics of media gender equality. Lessons learned and struggles for change twenty years after the Beijing Fourth World Conference on Women”, vol. 2(2017). [ISSN1594-6061]
- della Porta, Donatella and Elena Pavan (2017). “Repertoires of knowledge practices: Social movements in times of crisis”. Qualitative Research in Organizations and Management: An International Journal, vol 12(4): 297-314 [ISSN: 1746-5648].
- Pavan, Elena and Manuela Caiani (2017). “’Solidarietà sconvenienti’. Reti online di estrema destra contro e per la riforma dell’Europa”. ComPol – Comunicazione Politica 3(2017): 359-384 [ISSN1594-6061].
- Pavan, Elena, Sara Tonelli and Giovanni Moretti (2017). “Leveraging Big Data to study media discourse on equal opportunities. Insights from a pilot study on Italy”. ComPol – Comunicazione Politica 2(2017):323-336 [ISSN1594-6061].Pavan, Elena and Manuela Caiani (2017).
- Pavan, Elena (2017). “The integrative power of online collective action networks beyond protest. Exploring social media use in the process of institutionalization”. Social Movement Studies 16(4): 433-446 [ISSN: 1474-2837].
Chapters in Edited Books
- Pavan, Elena and Donatella della Porta (forthcoming 2018). “Social Movements, Communication, and Media”. In B. Loader and L. Lievrouw (edited by) Handbook of Digital Media and Communication. London: Routledge.
- della Porta, Donatella and Elena Pavan (forthcoming 2018). “The nexus between media, communication, and social movements. Looking back and the way forward”. In G. Meikle (edited by) The Routledge Companion to Media and Actvism.
- Andretta, Massimiliano and Elena Pavan (in press, 2018). “Mapping protest on the refugee crisis: insights from online protest event analysis”. In D. della Porta (ed.) Solidarity Mobilizations in the ‘Refugee Crisis’: Contentious Moves. Basingstoke (UK): Palgrave MacMillan
- “’Not in my Europe!’ Extreme right online networks and their contestation of EU legitimacy”. In M. Caiani and S. Guerra (edited by) Euroscepticism, Democracy and the Media. Communicating Europe, Contesting Europe. Basingstoke (UK): Palgrave MacMillan, pp. 169,193. [ISBN: 978-1-137-59642-0]
- Pavan, Elena (2017). “Internet intermediaries and online gender-based violence”. In M. Segrave and L. Vitis (edited by) Gender Technology and Violence. London: Routledge, pp. 62-78 [ISBN: 978-1-138-21723-2].